Layers of clothing. It can get very cold in the open countryside especially in the evening and early in the morning. Layers can be removed as needed.
Waterproof coat and leg wear. Protect yourself from the wet/ damp when out in the countryside.
Waterproof boots/ walking boots. They’ll go with the above.
Hat and gloves. Makes sense.
Bottled water. Absolutely essential.
Torch and spare batteries. Another essential piece of kit.
Energy snacks. We’ve chosen the ‘nakd’ bar here as they’re reasonably priced, taste great, are vegan and some of the money from their sales goes to Animal Aid.
Camera/ video camera. You never know what you might see and want to record.
Mobile phone. Essential. Everybody will know where everybody is.
High visibility jacket. Enables marksmen to know not to shoot.
Sleeping bag. In case you decide to stay overnight.
Car. If you are bringing one, make sure it is completely legal otherwise it will bring unwanted attention from the police.
and finally …
A sturdy backpack. To carry all this stuff in.
Three Counties hunt saboteurs. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gloucester Against Badger Shooting. Email: email@example.com
Hunt Saboteurs Association. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Waterproofs, good boots, warm clothes, essential it will be cold and more than likely wet.
Try to layer , have a warm hat, bring a dry pair of socks, we have seen at least one frost and even on a clear night the heavy dew can leave you soaked.
- Flourescent jackets.
- Good water bottle, essential to stop dehydration, essential that each person has his/her own. High energy snacks.
- Basic phone with basic essential numbers and credit (losing an expensive smart phone is not good). Please bear in mind coverage in many parts of Gloucestershire (especially the Forest of Dean) is not good so have a back up plan e.g radios, but of course the enemy can then listen in.
- Sleeping bag for wherever you are staying, spare clothes, toiletries etc
- Torches with spare batteries and bulbs. ABSOLUTELY essential
- Pencil (writes better if damp) and paper
- Camera video/stills charged and sd card
- Whistle international distress signal is 6 blasts
- First aid kit including space blanket/plasters for blisters cuts
- Anything else
If you work in retail for outdoor supplies, electrical goods, whole foods, toiletries etc please consider discounts or donations of supplies to help sustain activists during this physically and mentally challenging period. If you know an individual or group coming to Gloucestershire to help the badgers please consider helping them be prepared, dig out old torches from the broom cupboard/lend a sleeping bag/ etc etc
*contact details in About/Contact section