As many are aware the badger cull is going to start very shortly and a combination of activists and hunt saboteurs have vowed to stop the cull using non-violent direct action.
To stop as many badgers being slaughtered as possible during the pilot culls as possible funds are desperately needed to get activists and hunt saboteurs down to the cull zones and keep them fully equipped.
To stop this mindless slaughter of badgers takes Two things.
1. Getting Activists down to the cull zones.
This is what the money is mostly needed for, we have a small army of volunteers, activists and hunt saboteurs. and vehicles to take them in however to send them out every night of the week for 6 weeks is going to cost huge amounts of fuel and unless money is raised we wont be able to.
This ranges from florescent jackets, noise making devices (such as rape alarms and bull horns), safety equipment such as first aid kits and other essentials.
Please donate and share this as far and wide as you can, we don’t have much time and need to act quickly.
Here’s the link to donate.
If you wish to join in with the direct action against the badger cull, please contact your local hunt saboteur group. See our Directory of Hunt Saboteur groups here.
If you have any equipment you think may be useful please send to:
Animal Rights UK
245 Gladstone Street
Waterproofs, good boots, warm clothes, essential it will be cold and more than likely wet.
Try to layer , have a warm hat, bring a dry pair of socks, we have seen at least one frost and even on a clear night the heavy dew can leave you soaked.
- Flourescent jackets.
- Good water bottle, essential to stop dehydration, essential that each person has his/her own. High energy snacks.
- Basic phone with basic essential numbers and credit (losing an expensive smart phone is not good). Please bear in mind coverage in many parts of Gloucestershire (especially the Forest of Dean) is not good so have a back up plan e.g radios, but of course the enemy can then listen in.
- Sleeping bag for wherever you are staying, spare clothes, toiletries etc
- Torches with spare batteries and bulbs. ABSOLUTELY essential
- Pencil (writes better if damp) and paper
- Camera video/stills charged and sd card
- Whistle international distress signal is 6 blasts
- First aid kit including space blanket/plasters for blisters cuts
- Anything else
If you work in retail for outdoor supplies, electrical goods, whole foods, toiletries etc please consider discounts or donations of supplies to help sustain activists during this physically and mentally challenging period. If you know an individual or group coming to Gloucestershire to help the badgers please consider helping them be prepared, dig out old torches from the broom cupboard/lend a sleeping bag/ etc etc
*contact details in About/Contact section